If you want to add an extra layer of privacy to sending a photo or video in WhatsApp (e.g. a photo of a password), adding a “view once” designation before sending the message means that the photo or video will disappear as soon as the recipient has opened the message and exited the media viewer. Here’s how to use this feature:
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Tap Attach (the paperclip symbol).
- Either take a photo or video with WhatsApp or select one from your phone gallery.
- Tap on the view once symbol (a number one inside a half dotted out circle).
- Tap ‘Send’.
- You’ll see an ‘Opened’ receipt in the chat once when the recipient has viewed the photo or video.
Visit our contact us page
Or call 020 8778 7759
Back to Tech News