A good, secure Wi-Fi connection is often the backbone of many peoples’ day-to-day online business and is a key-component of data security, so, here are a few tips for making sure that your wireless connection is secure:
- Make sure that your router’s firmware is up to date and that you have replaced the router’s default password with your own secure one.
- Make sure that WPA-2 or higher encryption is enabled.
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi to send sensitive data unless you are using VPN. It may also be sensible to limit your use of public Wi-Fi (which has been relatively easy to do anyway during the pandemic).
- Disable network name broadcasting to the public via your router.
- Make sure that your wireless router’s firewall is turned on, or, if your router does not have an effective firewall, install a good firewall solution on your system.
Finally, if you would like to discuss your requirements please:
Back to Tech News