If you would like to improve your video conference calls in terms of how things look, sound and operate, here are a few tips:
- Consider using a webcam rather than the built-in laptop cam. It may be better quality (picture and sound) plus it offers flexibility in positioning.
- Try using a slightly side-on angel for the webcam so you can talk and type at the same time while being able to look and lean-in when you need to.
- If you’re using your laptop camera, place the laptop on top of books or objects (in a safe and practical way) so that it is raised, and level with your face (eye level) rather than focusing up towards your chin or the ceiling.
- Use a neutral background and switch off lights behind you. You may also want to try using a light in front of you.
- Close windows if they are the cause of excess and distracting light and noise.
- Use a Bluetooth headset (with a microphone) and Bluetooth speakers if you have them.
- Use a mute button/control where possible and appropriate.
You also have the option of choosing which apps to run in the background by going down the list individually.
Finally, if you would like to discuss your requirements please:
Back to Tech News