Here is how to change the background in Zoom to something that is a little more interesting than an overcrowded bookshelf:
- In the Zoom app, click your profile (at the top right), and then click Settings.
- On the left-hand menu, click Virtual Background.
- Choose a default background (provided by Zoom) by clicking on it. There is an option for a green screen.
To upload a photo of your choice to use as your background:
- On the Virtual Background Page, click the + icon next to Choose Virtual Background.
- Choose the photo using the pop-up box. This photo will then be featured alongside the other photos as an option for you to choose from.
- Select the desired image.
- To remove any photos you upload, tap the X in their top left corner.
- You could also choose Zoom video conferencing backgrounds from a number of websites including Storyblocks, Canva, Pixar, West Elm or Modsy.
Back to Tech News
Go to last week’s Tech Tip.
Lastly, if you would like to discuss your technology requirements please: