If you’d like to run favourite but no longer compatible versions of older programs, apps, and games (legacy software) on Windows 10/11, try using ‘Compatibility Mode’. Here’s how.
To enable legacy software that worked on old versions of Windows on your current Windows 10/11:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type the name of the program or app you want.
- Select and hold (or right-click) it, and then select ‘Open file location’.
- Select and hold (or right-click) the program file, select ‘Properties’, and then select the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
- Tick the box for “run this program in compatibility mode for” and select the old version of Windows from the dropdown list. You can run the ‘Compatibility Troubleshooter’ first if you wish.
-fast and easy way to open the items/programs that are pinned to your Taskbar in Windows 10, here’s how:
- Look at the Taskbar and note which number order (left to right) the item/program is that you’d like to open.
- Use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + [Number key], with the number key corresponding to the position of the pinned program on the Taskbar. For example, Windows key + 2 will open the second pinned item on the Taskbar.
If you would like to discuss your technology requirements please:
Visit our contact us page
Or call 020 8778 7759
Back to Tech News