The Google Maps mobile app now has many useful and surprising features. Here are 3 top Google Maps tips you may like to try:
1. Remember Where You Parked
- When using Google Maps on Android, on reaching your destination, tap the blue location dot.
- Select ‘Save your parking,’ which adds a label to the Maps app, identifying where you parked.
- Tap that to add details e.g., car park level, or amount of time left before a meter expires (you can also set meter reminders or add a photo).
- To find your car later, tap the search bar up top and select ‘Parking location.’
- For iOS, tap the little blue location dot when you arrive, in the pop-up, tap ‘Set as parking location.’
- In the app, a ‘P’ icon will appear alongside a note that says, “You parked near here.”
2. Add Multiple Locations e.g., If You Have Several Stops To Make
- In the Google Maps mobile app, enter your starting point and your ultimate destination.
- Click the three dots (top-right).
- Select and click on “Add stop” and add details of the next stop on your route.
- Different stops can be dragged and dropped within your itinerary.
3. Measure Any Distance
- Right-click on a point on the map.
- Select ‘Measure distance’ from the list. A dot and a black line will appear.
- Click anywhere else on the map, and the distance between the points will be calculated (multiple points on a route can be added and the total distance calculated).
If you would like to discuss your technology requirements please:
Visit our contact us page
Or call 020 8778 7759
Back to Tech News