Here are 3 tips/tricks for Google Chrome to help with queries and searches that can be typed directly into the address bar (also known as the Onnibox):
Find websites that are similar
- For example, type related:bbc.co.uk
- This will deliver results showing similar (media) websites.
- The same type of search can be carried out for any website.
Use Google Chrome as a calculator
- Type in the required calculation For example, 2*3+8.
- The returned result will show the answer (14) loaded into calculator which you can use for more calculations.
Use a search term and site: to search a specific website for specific term
- To look for specific reference for a term in a whole website try, for example, Sandwiches site:bbc.co.uk
- This should return all the pages in the site where that term is used.
If you would like to discuss your technology requirements please:
Visit our contact us page
Or call 020 8778 7759
Back to Tech News