With OpenAI’s ChatGPT making the headlines and quickly becoming a useful tool for many businesses, here we look at some of the more novel ways to use this innovative technology.
Here are 20 ways to use ChatGPT that you may not have heard about:
- Writing in the style of a known person or character. ChatGPT can be used to mimic the writing style of a known person or character, such as a famous author, historical figure, or even a fictional character. This can be used for creative writing exercises or for generating humorous or satirical content.
- Writing song lyrics. Yes, ChatGPT can actually be used to generate original song lyrics based on a prompt or theme, or to help writers overcome creative blocks and come up with new ideas. The model can also generate a melody to accompany the lyrics!
- Writing poems. Similar to song lyrics, ChatGPT can be used to generate original poems based on a prompt or theme, or to help poets overcome creative blocks and come up with new ideas. The model can also generate haikus, sonnets, or any other type of poem.
- Writing speeches. This can be a very hand feature. ChatGPT can be used to generate inspiring speeches or persuasive arguments on a particular topic. The model can also generate speeches in the style of a particular speaker or from a certain historical era.
- Generating headlines. ChatGPT can be used to generate headlines for news articles, blog posts, or other forms of written content. This can be particularly useful for content creators who are struggling to come up with a catchy or attention-grabbing headline.
- Generating product names. For businesses this can sometimes take a bit of thinking about. ChatGPT, however, can be used to generate unique and memorable names for new products, services, or businesses. This can help companies stand out from the competition and make a lasting impression on potential customers.
- Generating jokes. If you’d like to have a bit of fun with ChatGPT, it can be used to generate jokes, puns, or other forms of comedic content. This can be a great way to entertain friends, family, or followers on social media.
- Writing fiction. It sounds strange but ChatGPT can be used to generate original works of fiction, such as short stories, novellas, or even full-length novels. The model can be used to generate plot outlines, character descriptions, or entire scenes.
- Generating product descriptions. ChatGPT can be used to generate descriptive and persuasive product descriptions for online marketplaces, such as Amazon or Etsy. This can help increase sales and improve the customer experience.
- Generating legal documents. Although this may seem a little risky (it’s always best to check with a legal professional) ChatGPT can be used to generate legal documents, such as contracts, agreements, or patents. This can save time and resources for lawyers and legal professionals.
- Generating customer reviews. Rather questionable, nevertheless ChatGPT can actually be used to generate fake customer reviews for a product or service. This can be useful for companies who want to showcase positive reviews on their website or social media pages. Naturally, this practice is not encouraged or endorsed in any way!
- Generating restaurant menus. Yes, it can actually be used to generate unique and appetising descriptions of menu items for restaurants. This can help attract more customers and increase sales.
- Chatbot roleplay. It’s certainly a novel use, but ChatGPT can be used to create chatbots that simulate conversation with famous or fictional characters, such as celebrities, movie characters, or historical figures.
- Writing fan fiction. ChatGPT can be trained on existing stories, characters, and worlds, and can be used to generate new, original fan fiction based on those sources.
- Interactive storytelling. ChatGPT can be used to create interactive stories, where users can influence the plot and outcome through their interactions.
- Automated script writing. ChatGPT can be used to generate scripts for movies, TV shows, plays, and more, based on specific criteria such as genre, tone, and characters.
- Writing personal letters. It’s not always easy to find the right words, so it’s handy that ChatGPT can be used to generate personalised letters, such as love letters, apology letters, or condolence letters, based on user input.
- Writing horoscopes. For those interested in astrology, ChatGPT can be used to generate daily or weekly horoscopes based on user input, such as their birth date, sign, and personal preferences.
- Creating personal shopping lists. For quite a practical as well as a novel use, ChatGPT can be used to generate shopping lists based on specific criteria, such as dietary restrictions, preferred brands, and local availability.
- Generating recipes. For those into cooking, ChatGPT can be used to generate new, original recipes based on user input, such as preferred ingredients, cooking methods, and dietary restrictions. How they actually taste, however, is another matter!
What Does This Mean For Your Business?
Not only does ChatGPT have the ability to save time and money for many different kinds of businesses with the speed and quality of its responses, its ability to handle a wide range of topics, and its continuity and context awareness, but it can also create some novel, fun, and unexpected things. In fact, as it learns more, which it is now doing as it is being used free by millions of people, there may be few limits to the subjects it can generate text about and its potential. ChatGPT is certainly a step forward in AI chatbots and, as well as having multiple, value-adding applications for many businesses, it’s also something you can have a lot of fun with.
If you would like to discuss your technology requirements, please:
Back to Tech News