This is going to affect 1 in 3 businesses. That could include yours
In 2020, some of the most commonly used business software is coming to the end of its life.
That means it will no longer be supported by Microsoft. So if there are any problems with it, they won’t be fixed. It’s likely the software will be targeted by hackers. And your business will no longer be GDPR-compliant.
Here’s a list of the affected software:
- Windows 7 (end-of-life 14th Jan 2020)
- Office 2010 (end-of-life 14th Jan 2020)
- Exchange 2010 (end-of-life 13th Oct 2020)
- Small Business Server 2011 (end-of-life 14th Jan 2020)
- Windows Server 2008 (end-of-life 14th Jan 2020)
If your business is using any of this software, then you need to act quickly.
2020 seems like a long way away. But really, it’s not. And since upgrades can take months to properly implement, this is definitely not something you want to leave until the last minute.
We call this The 2020 Problem. And we’ve written a guide all about it.